Fr. Agnel College was established in June 1991 by the Xaverian Educational Society, Pilar, and belongs to the Society of Missionaries of St. Francis Xavier, which is commonly known as the Society of Pilar. The college is a minority Institution founded under the provision of Article 30 of the Indian Constitution.
The College is spreadout in a beautiful campus at Pilar village in the North District of Goa. Pilar has its own importance in Goa’s history as it was the capital city of Goa(Prior to Old Goa & Panjim) and it was known as ‘Govapuri’ or ‘Gopakapattana’ during the Kadamba reign. The college is situated about 300 mts away from the National Highway 17. It is 13 km away from Panjim, the capital city of Goa and 22 kms from Margao, the commercial capital of Goa. The total campus area of the college is 10 acres.
- To promote quality education without discrimination.
- To inculcate in students the value of hard work as a stepping stone to success.
- To enrich young men and women with the value of Truth, Love and Justice for all.
- To inspire students to use their knowledge as an instrument of social change.
- To build a pool of successful citizens in all walks of life..
Our Core Values
- Faith in God
- Pursuit of Excellence
- Love of others
- Moral uprightness
- Social Responsibility
The Coat of Arms
The open book signies that higher education is for all and will be made available to those who have been hitherto deprived of it.
The balance signies the institutions resolve to maintain a balance between economic necessity and moral values. While the emphasis will be to make pupils competitive and employable in an economically challenging world, equal emphasis will be given to moral development including respect, discipline, cooperation, social concern and promotion of the values of truth justice and equality
The graduation cap signies success. That economically, socially and academically challenged student will walk the path of success through holistic education under their belts that will enable them to face the challenges of the world.
Every stakeholder of higher education has a role to play for quality enhancement and sustenance. The stakeholders such as the Government, Management, Teachers, Students and the external quality assurance agencies have an important role in ensuring quality of higher education. Of all the stakeholders mentioned above, the students have a unique role to play in ensuring quality of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs).
- The students should realize that they have the right for quality education and it is the responsibility of the HEIs to provide quality educational experience to learners.
- The students should equally be aware of their responsibilities which in turn will help the institutions to provide quality education.
- This means that the students should demand quality education and demonstrate their commitment to quality education by accepting their responsibilities. Otherwise the HEIs will have very little motivation for quality enhancement.