Students particularly from the underprivileged category and financially challenged are provided with the below mentioned scholarships and financial assistance to pursue higher education.
1. Dayanande Bandodkar Scheme for Higher Education for Orphans
- The beneficiaries under the scheme should be orphaned.
- He / She should have passed his/her qualifying examination from any of the institutions located in Goa.
- He / She should be born in Goa or a resident of Goa for atleast last fifteen (15) years.
- Death Certificates of both parents.
- Residence Certificate / Birth Certificate.
- Copy of Marksheet(s).
2. Post Matric Scholarship for Students belonging to the Minority Communities
- Eligible students who wish to apply for the above mentioned Scholarships are required to fill in the form online by going to the following website:www.momascholarship.gov.in after filling the form online they have to take a print out and submit the form along with the necessary documents in the office.
- Marks not less than 50% in the previous year examination.
- Annual Income from all sources from student’s parents or guardian should not exceed Rs.2 lakhs per year from all sources for Post Matric Scholarship. Students from BPL families having less income will be given preference in ascending order.
- 30% of scholarships reserved for girl students.
- Scholarship not to be given to more than two students in a family.
- Students who are studying in the present academic year can apply or are eligible.
- The scholarship holder under this scheme will not avail any other scholarship / stipend for the same course.
3. Fr. Agnel College Students’ Aid Fund
- Income of parents / guardian of the applicant students should not exceed Rs. 2 lakh per annum
- Students should have passed previous year’s examination. Requirement:
- The applicant will have to produce income certificate from the prescribed authority as per Government instruction.
- Attested H.S.S.C. Mark-sheet copy for F.Y. Students / Attested Semester Mark-Sheets for S.Y./ T.Y. students.
4. Post Matric Scholarship to the SC/OBC Students Documents to be submitted along with Application Form
- Caste Certificate issued by Sub-Divisional Magistrate of State of Goa (Caste Certificate for OBC Community is valid for 3 years from date of issue).
- Total Income Certificate from all sources issued in favour of head of family. (Family ceiling: SC-Rs.2.50 lakh per annum, OBC – Rs. 1 Lakh per annum)
- Receipt of fees paid for the current year.
- Educational Certificates / Mark Sheets for preceding 3 years.
- Aadhar Card Copy
- Students applying under Post Matric Scholarship Scheme are instructed to open a SB Account in any Scheduled / Nationalised Bank in the vicinity of the College. The amount of scholarship will be directly credited to the Bank Account of the student.
5. Educational Concession to the Children of Service of service Personnel Terms and Conditions
- Children of “Service Personnel” means and includes Combatant Junior Commissioned Officers, Non-Commissioned Officers and other lower ranks in the army and officers and personnel of the corresponding status in the Air Force and the Navy are eligible.
- Service Certificate of the Parent is mandatory.
- Application should be only in prescribed form.
- Only original fee receipt will be considered.
- Decision of the Service Office regarding finalization of the upper limit of the reimbursement of the Tuition Fee will be final.
- Photocopy of the mark sheet of the previous exam held, attested by the Principal / Gazetted Officer, should be attached to the application.
6. Educational Concession to the Children of Freedom Fighters
- Freedom Fighters including son/daughter, the grand children i.e. the children of his/ her deceased son/ son-in-law provided the grand children are dependent on him / her, “the adopted children”, “Step children for education concession under this scheme.
- Student should not be employed.
- Should not be a recipient of any other scholarship.
- Should have secured promotion in the next higher class.
- Attested copy of Identity Card (Freedom Fighter).
- Attested copy of Mark Sheet(s) of the previous academic year.
Post Matric Scholarship to ST Students
Document to be submitted at the time of Application Form:
- Attested copy of Caste / Status Certificate issued by Deputy Collector.
- Income certificate issued by competent authority.
- Receipt of fees paid for the current year.
- Marks Sheet of last annual examination passed.
- A copy of Nationalised Bank Pass Book of the student.
- Student shall belong to ST Community by Government of Goa (i.e. Gawda, Kunbi, Velip)
- Family Income of student from all sources shall not exceed Rs. 2 lakhs per annum.
7.Fee Waiver Scheme for SC/ST students pursuing Higher Education
- The beneficiaries under the scheme shall be entitled to receive full waiver of the fees supposed to have been paid by them. The amount of fee waiver provided to the eligible students shall consist of Tuition Fees, Library fees, Laboratory fees and Development fees, if any. All other charges and fees would be borned by the concerned student.
- Any student seeking fee waiver under the scheme should have been born in Goa or resident of Goa for at least 15 years.
- He/She must have passed his / her qualifying examination from any of the institutions located in Goa.
- He / she should belong to SC/ST community of Goa.
8. Scheme of Higher Education for Gouly Students
- Under the scheme the students of Dhangar (Gouly) community notified as OBC and whose family income do not exceed Rs.1.50 lakh per annum are eligible under the scheme. An amount of Rs.25000/- will be sanctioned by way of fixed deposit and pay them the same amount aling with accrued interest after passing degree courses in any faculty. In case the student fail or drops out the beneficiaries inform that the student is re-appearing the examination, money will be kept in fixed deposit till next academic year or till he / she passes the degree examination whichever is earlier.
- Under the scheme the students of Dhangar (Gouly) community notified as OBC who after passing XIIth std or equivalent examination and secure admission in the first year degree course and whose family income does not exceed Rs.1.50 lakh per annum are eligible under the scheme.
- Residential certificate of the students.
- Caste certificate issued by the competent Authority / Registered Organization.
- Income Certificate
- Attensted copy of mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Proof of admission in Degree course.
9. Dr. Ambedkar Post-matric Scholarship to E.B.C. Students
Conditions for Fresh Scholarship:
- Income of his / her parents / guardian from all sources should not exceed Rs.1 lakh per annum.
- Income Certificate should be submitted from the competent authority in the state / union territory.
- He / She has to secure a minimum of 45% marks at the last year qualifying examination.
- Student should be studying in the First Year of the stage of education.
- He / She should be resident of the Sate of Goa (15 years domicile).
- Only one student of E.B.C. family can avail of the scholarships. To this effect declaration from the parents / guardian that only one family members is availing of the benefit is to be enclosed with the application form.
- Rate of Scholarship is Rs.900/- per student p.a.
10.Scholarship for Differently Able Students
The criteria for eligibility under this scheme are that:
- The student should posses a minimum disability for 40% duly certified by Medical Baord.
- The student should have secured a minimum 45% marks in the previous annual examination.
- The annual income of parents of the students should not exceed Rs.1,20,000/- p.a. from all the sources.
- Identity Card issued by Directorate of Social Welfare, Panaji – Goa.
11. Gagan Bharari Shiksha Yojana for Dhangar Students
- Dhangar student whose family income is less than 2 lakhs is eligible under the scheme.
Benefit under the Scheme:
- Additional Maintainance allowance of Rs.750/- p.m. for Day Scholar and Rs.1500/- p.m. for those staying in Hostel during the academic year (for ten months).
- Additional disability allowance of Rs. 750/- p.m. during the academic year (for ten months).
- Caste Certificate (valid for 3 years from the date if issue), Income Certificate, Fee Receipt, Passing / Mark Sheet, Aadhar Card Copy, Bank Passbook copy, Hostel Certificate (if applicable)
12.The Bursary Scheme
- Students pursuing College (Higher and Professional) Education in the State of Goa including Post Graduation shall be eligible to receive the benefit under the Bursary Scheme provided they meet the eligibility criteria laid down in the Scheme.
- The concerned students shall pay the requisite fees for the course that he /she pursues. The eligible quantum of fees shall be reimbursed to him through direct transfer his Bank Account. In order to be a beneficiary under the scheme, the student should have completed his / her Xth and XIIth and Graduation in case of Post Graduation students, from an institution in Goa. In case of Post Graduate Course, the requirement of graduate degree from college/ University from Goa, will be relaxed for degree from Central university, NIIT, IIT and other Statutorily created Institution.
- The annual income of both parent(s) / guardian taken together should be less than Rupees Three Lakhs per annum.
- The maximum amount of grant shall be restricted to Rs.40,000/- per annum. Only those cases where the total course / programme fees do not exceed Rs.60,000/- per annum shall be considered under the scheme. Those with course fees above Rs.60,000/- may approach the GEDC for Loans under Interest Free Loan Scheme.
The benefits under the scheme shall not be available to those who are availing financuial benefits under any other scheme of Government of Goa.
13. Dempo Charitable Trust Scholarship
- The Students should be permanently domicile of St. Cruz and pursuing studies in Goa.